Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I VOTED FOR CHANGE!!!


I got up this morning with a little pep in my step! I got dressed, brushed my teeth, ate breakfast and waited for Braylon to wake up. Around 9 he started laughing at himself in his crib (theres a mirror in there) and I walked in to get him. I noticed he was about a half hour early so I figured he noticed that there was something a little different about today also. I changed him, fed him, put he and the dog JJ in the car and we were off. I dropped Bray and JJ off at my parents house anticipating a long wait at the polls so I didnt want him to get aggravated. When I got the the poll there was absolutely NO line! I showed my ID, got my ballots, walked into the booth and made my mark on this possible History Making day! Today, November 4, 2008 marks a moment in our life, and generation that can really change the world. I felt important. I felt like I mattered. I felt like my vote TODAY would be a part of history. Thats why I waited. I wanted my vote counted on the actual Election Day. Not early, not late...NOW, TODAY! Im walking with my head held high for my ancestors who fought for this right and for the power we have as a United States of America Citizen! I hope tonight when we're all watching the news as the results come in we feel a since of pride because WE made the change, and it was our decision. Hopefully it turns in our favor!

No comments: