Sunday, November 16, 2008

2 days...


A year ago today at this time I was laying in a Hospital bed with all the wires and tubes sticking in me. I was being pampered at Winnie Palmer Hospital, the BEST Hospital for Women and Children. When I tell you I felt like I was at a resort that is NO LIE. The food was great and it was purely room service. Each room is set up literally like a hotel room with a bed for the mother giving birth and another for 1 family member. My person was my mother. My ROCK! I got a lot of visitors that day from my family and my friends who were in town for the Classic or who just lived in Orlando anyway. That was no 1 but God doing that because He knew I needed as much support as I could get and why not let it be when everyone is in town. Now, going back a few hours....





I was admitted into the Hospital Friday November 16, at 3:33AM. I thought that was weird because 3 is my favorite number. Id been in a LOT of pain the day before and I tried hard to sleep it off. I ended up calling my family around midnite to tell them I needed some1 to come and stay with me because I was in so much pain and might have to go in. My contractions had started again and this time were extremely painful. My brother came and watched TV with me upstairs until I fell asleep. I woke up gasping from a strong contraction and tried to yell for my brother. He was downstairs. I ended up having to throw the remote control at my door and he rushed in. I said out of breath and in tears "we gotta go, we gotta go, I cant take this". He tried to calm me down and asked me where my bag was (id been to triage so many times he knew the routine lol). I told him it was downstairs and he put it in the car before coming to get me. He walked me down the stairs and into the car. On the way to the hospital he called my parents and told them we were going in. They said ok let them know if I get admitted. We got to the hospital around 3AM. They took me in to monitor me about 5 minutes later. I was being monitored for about 20 minutes then they sent me back outside. The lady called me into the side room to sign paperwork. Thats when I knew but I needed to hear it. I asked whats this for. She told me "We're going to admit you because your contractions are close and they babys heartrate is dropping dangerously low. I immediately got scared and asked so what does that mean? When am I going home? She replied "Not until you have a baby". I turned around and looked at my brother who was smiling and I couldnt figure out how to feel. I was scared yes, but I was also anxious because I was going to finally see the human being whose been moving inside of me for all these months and kicking and punching me from the inside. Despite the pain, I felt comfortable and safe having him there because I had NO IDEA how to be a mother but I was ready to meet him all the same.

Once I got to my room I emailed everyone on my mailing list. My mom did the same thing when she got to work that morning to cancel all her appointments. I received a few phone calls and several visits. They were filling me up with water because I was again dehydrated and my face and whole body instantly started swelling up. As shallow as it may sound, I was upset because id only gained 23lbs my whole pregnancy and now here they are filling me up with 10lbs of water. I looked fat all in a matter of hours! Well, that day I just sat there and watched TV, ordered room service 3 times...the personal pan peperoni pizza, and the breakfast omelette were my favorites even tho they had steak and all that other ish too lol. They started giving me a medication insert called a Prostaglandin in order to help me progress and dilate because although my contractions were strong enough, he had no where to go if I wouldnt open up. With painful checks every 12 hours, and contractions every 5 minutes I still didnt want an epidural. I wanted to hold out as long as possible. I guess I figured...Id been in pain for this long, I can wait a little while longer....



That was 2 days before.....

No comments: