Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 24: Person who gave me my favorite memory

WOW...this is a hard one...Im probably gonna have to saaaayyyyyy

Traci...



Girl, from the day I met you till now I always say that if it werent for you I wouldnt be where I am dance-wise today. I remember trying to figure out if I liked you or not because it seemed like you were so damn picky. Now I realize it was for a reason. You saw something in me that I didnt see in myself. You saw my passion, my love, and my talent to be a great dancer. I never thought about auditioning for the NBA until my last year dancing with Mahogany Dance Theatre at FAMU. You had me doing things I didnt think was possible and I appreciate you for believing in me more than I believed in myself. Now for the favorite memory part...




After I saw you in Houston at Allstars and we had THE TALK, I met your coach, and saw yall dance I deep down knew I wanted a change but didnt know if I was good enough. For 6 months I contemplated whether or not I was going to return to the Magic or audition for the Heat. You gave me so much hope and drive that I finally got the courage up to tell my Magic coach and my teammates I wasnt returning. I had and will always have so much love and respect for the Magic and my former coach but I needed to spread my wings. As hard as it was I knew it was something I had to do if I wanted to further my career.




I walked in that audition scared sh!tless. Rewinding a day.... "Royce what are you wearing to the audition?" "Um a sports bra and some shorts..." "oh hell no! Time to find you an outfits". HILARIOUS! I really thought that would fly. Anyways, Ill never forget your face when I did 7 backhandsprings across the floor. "I knew you could tumble but damn!"lol. You were so proud like I was your sister or something...then I realized I kinda was...or at least it felt like it. I remember making it to finals and working on routines in your living room. I remember you being so blunt that it made my heart sink. But mostly I remember hearing my name being called as a member of the 2006-2007 Miami Heat Dancers! If it werent for you I wouldnt have that in my memory, in my past and on my resume. For so long I looked at the Heat Dancers as the #1 Dance Team in the NBA. Not to mention for 4 straight years we held that title. We werent just beautiful girls with nice bodies...we were extremely talented and intelligent. That to this day is my favorite memory. I can actually say I was a Miami Heat Dance and people turn their heads like WOW!








Thank you so much Traci for being there for me. If it wasnt for you I really dont know where I'd be. You are by far 1 of the fiercest dancers Ive ever seen in my life and I really look up to you. Through our arguments that put me on team probation "Sht the F Up!", "No you shut the F up!" to the "Girl you so crazy" I love you girl. We have so many fun and goofy memories I can laugh forever but we also have those serious keep it real moments too. You are destined for so much more success and your Dance company (Addiction) is beyond excellent. I really look up to you and one day you will be as thick as me! lol hahahahaha. Love you chica and thank you!


No comments: